Sunday, September 26, 2010

Figuring Life Out......

So have you ever watched one of those movies where the protagonist is struggling with life and trying to figure out where they belong or what they should be doing? I seem to have seen allot of those kind of movies lately, and it’s kind of ironic.
Off and on in the last few months I have felt that same struggle.

I feel like I am moving towards that new step in life, but I just can’t seem to find the foot-hold, that one moment that will redefine my life or what I am supposed to be doing. Two things I know are that I love and I mean LOVE, to write and cook. I just wish I knew exactly what I should do with them. Many of you might know that last year I graduated college with my degree in Creative Writing. While I was going to school I felt such a sense of purpose. I felt like I was doing something with my life and that I would really be someone important.

Now it has been over a year and I still don’t know what my true calling in life is, but man I feel like I am meant to do something great. I think that is what is so frustrating. Wouldn’t it be nice if we knew just what we were supposed to do, but that would just be too simple now wouldn’t it? If you are like me and are still looking for that sense of purpose, that next rung in the ladder of life. I can tell you one thing I have learned from watching the plethora of movies and just from plain experience. Keep true to yourself, just keep on keeping on, and when the time is right, things will fall into place.

I truly do believe this, I just wish it would hurry the hell up and come already. Until then and I am sure for many years after, I will still be writing this blog and for sure writing whatever else inspires me. Thanks for reading and I hope you all find your next adventure in life soon too and if you’re already on it, hang tight and good luck.
Take care.
Your foodie friend and occasional life coach,
Rachel :)

No comments: