Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gorgonzola, Pear and Hazelnut Tea Sndwiches

My friend Kristen and I were inspired to create this sandwich after we had had a similar one with apples at one of our favorite tea shops in Seattle, Queen Mary’s Tea Room. Though I did not make them at my most recent tea party, I have made them on several occasions and my husband always asks me to save him a few.

Note: There is not a specific pear that needs be used, just whatever happens to be ripe and on hand at the time.


Gorgonzola, Hazelnut and Pear Tea Sandwiches

2 4-6 oz tubs of spreadable gorgonzola cheese
Juice of 1 lemon
3 medium size pears peeled and thinly sliced
¾ to 1 cup toasted and chopped hazelnuts
1 loaf buttermilk bread – crusts removed

Directions:
Slice Pears and toss with the lemon juice to keep them from browning. Spread a thin layer of cheese onto to slices of bread. Layer enough pear on one slice to fully cover, then sprinkle with hazelnuts. Place second piece of bread on top and cut into 4 squares or triangles. Serve same day as made (bread tends to get soggy as they sit).

No comments: