Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Who Needs McDonalds???

Well some people might claim that they need McDonalds, but really when you have a pan and a stovetop, why not make your own delectable eats that are not full of fat and God only knows what else. Have you ever seen the documentary “Supersize Me”? If so then you know what I am talking about.

Other than when I was about 4 years old and use to refer to MD’s as EckDonalds, whenever I wanted some French fries and chicken nuggets, I now try to avoid the place. Plus, they are not the most vegetarian friendly unless you want a Big Mac with no meat (which is actually not that bad). However, there is one thing the big MD makes that I do miss. It is the lovely breakfast delicacy known as the Egg McMuffin.

I would occasionally enjoy English muffins with a little butter and jam on them. Unfortunately, this is not the most filling, or healthy either, so one day I decided to try making my own egg muffins. They turned out to be really easy to make and pretty filling as well. This is now one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast. Especially, since I am not a huge breakfast fan and my normal morning meal generally consists of a bowl of cereal (strawberry shredded wheat, yumm) or a granola bar and a yogurt drink of some sort. BORING…..

I generally make them with just egg and cheese, but today I had a lonely looking avocado sitting on the counter, needless to say I could not resist. I sliced half of it and added it to the sandwich. I’m sure you can guess what my response was. Yumm…..

2 comments:

August said...

Amen, I perfer BK...Hee Hee Heee. Luv your blog Rach!!

Rachel Blair said...

Lol, me too! Thanks August!!