Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fall is Time for Picnics!

So I went for a walk today and the weather is simply gorgeous here in Salem Oregon. The sun is bursting through the scattered clouds, the air has a warmth blended with an occasional gust of crisp Fall wind. I had to turn around a few minutes in to my walk to take my sweater back to the house. Even now the sun is shining so bright through my window shades it seems like I have my light on. I love it! This just goes to show that just because it's fall it doesn't mean the weather is too cold and damp to enjoy. In fact it is so nice, I was inspired to think of some of my favorite carry along dishes that would be perfect for a fall picnic.

Hummus with Toasted Pita Chips and Lemon Basil Chicken Salad Wrapped in Butter Lettuce. Keep an eye out for these recipes next.

If you have a few moments in the next few days, or whenever it happens to be dry out, I encourage you to take your favorite picnic snack, go to the park or even your back yard, spread out a blanket and savor the pleasant moments in life.

Happy Fall Eating my foodie friends!

Rachel :)

No comments: