Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Trip to Nevada and Some Great Family Dinners

Brandon and I went to Elko Nevada the weekend before last to visit his Mom and Step-Dad in Elko Nevada. We had a wonderful time and some great food.


One of the evenings we were there I really wanted to make dinner. So I decided to do some simple, yet flavor packed dishes that I knew they would love. With that I made some of my favorite dishes - Risotto, Gnocchi with Gruyere Cream Sauce, French Bread with Garlic Butter and Mixed Green Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette. For Dessert we did a Pineapple Cheesecake Parfait. Another evening we also made Curry and on another we got creative with some leftover corned beef from St. patty's day. I will post those soon as well.

I have previously posted some of these recipes (or some variation), but I promised my mother-in-law (Sheryl:)I would post all the recipes we did so she could easily find them. Needless to say I was not thinking about this at the time, so I do not have very many pictures to share. However, regardless of having pictures or not, the recipes were a hit! The recipes will follow.


The Ruby Mountains are in my in-laws back yard. Here are a few pics of Brandon, His Mom, Sheryl, His Step-Dad LeRoy, and Brandon's sister Gina and her children. We also had a chance to surprise Sheryl with a little Birthday Cake since her Birthday was coming up soon. We had a wonderful and relaxing time, but as with any vacation it definitely went too fast. I can't wait to go back!






No comments: