Monday, November 21, 2011

Is It Thanksgiving Already?!?!

It's amazing how time flies! Whether your having fun or not, this time of year always tends to take it's sweet time getting here, then one day, bam! It's right in front of you. It's two days before thanksgiving and I still have yet to decide what I'm making. Though luckily I am not the one who slaves all day, my mom does, but I still like to take a few additions over to ease her load. I have added a few sides I hope you enjoy.

I also owe all of you you an explanation as to my lack of posts over the last several weeks. November marks the National Writing Month (NONOWRIMO) and at the last moment, I decided to sign up for it. As some of you may know, I also enjoy creative writing and have been working on my first novel. It has been a long dragging on process with little progress. So I knew that I needed some kind of motivation to finish what I have been dying to do. I decided signing up was just what I needed. Needless to say my blogging has fallen a little on the way side in hopes that I can finish the first draft of my book by the end of the year. However, that does not mean I will not be blogging, as I most certainly will be! I am obviously just in the works of finding the balance of having one more item on my plate.

So again, I thank you for your patience and if you are in need of some thanksgiving side dishes, then I have just what you need. I love to add my own flair to things and that is just what I did with these traditional recipes. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do and I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! And if you are a black Friday shopper like myself, maybe I'll see some of you Salemites out in the wee hours of the morning ;)

Sincerely,
  Your food friend Rachel  :)

No comments: