Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oh The Endless Possibilites....

My husband and I are total foodies. We thrive at the thought of all the new delectable goodness that is hiding around every corner. When my husband (Brandon) graduated from Wyotech in 03, we decided to give the Seattle Wa. area a shot. His aunt and uncle were gracious enough to let us stay with them until we found a place of our own. Well, six months later and we still had yet to find a place and were scared at the thought of buying or renting a place on the income we were making at the time. So we decided it wasn’t for us at that point in time and we ended up moving back to Salem, Oregon.

However, when we were in the Seattle area (Kent to be exact) we were amazed at the menagerie of eateries and the never ending variety to choose from. We decided then and there that every time, or as often as we could, when we went out to eat we would go to a new restaurant. We have stuck with that philosophy and still do that as much as we can, though in Salem, there are way less options than Seattle, but we still fair pretty well. We also venture to the Portland area frequently, often because I have found some review online or saw a place on TV that looked tasty.

I am kicking myself that I hadn’t thought of this sooner because in the 11 years Brandon and I have been married, we have lived in about eight different states and have done our fair share of traveling and exploring within those areas. Nonetheless, my new goal is to share with you as much of my present and future culinary adventures as possible, but don’t be surprised to see a sprinkling of the past too. Because though I have not been to many of the places in years, I still could list off numerous places across the states that I would go back to in a heart beat; once you have had an amazing culinary experience it is permanently ingrained in your consciousness.

Over the weekend alone, Brandon and I were able to experience two new restaurants and a bakery; one in West Salem and the others in Portland. I often rely on friends and word of mouth on what and where to eat so I have decided each time I experience a new place I will write a review about it too. I certainly do not claim to be an expert, but I do consider myself to have a strong knowledge of food and a great understanding of flavors, and if anything else, hopefully my adventures in the culinary world will encourage you to go on one of your own; the possibilities are endless...

No comments: