Saturday, May 22, 2010

Rachel’s Creamy Artichoke Dip
















This is one of my specialties and is always a huge hit at any get together. The mix of cream cheese, parmesan and mayo gives this a rich flavor and a creamy texture.

I couldn’t even begin to tell you how many people have told me they hate artichokes only to try this dip and tell me they’ve changed their minds.

For the artichokes you will want to use the ones soaked in brine, not marinated. If all you can find is marinated, just make sure to drain and thoroughly rinse them to remove the marinade flavor as much as you can.

Because this dip is a hearty one, dainty little crackers and celery sticks don’t quite work with this recipe. I use either Italian or French bread and cut it in about ½ in thick slices, or you could toast up some baguette slices and make your own crostini to dip in it as well. If you are having allot of guests over, or are taking to a large party, I suggest doubling the recipe and bringing an extra loaf of bread.

Note: The picture above is a double batch. Otherwise you would put it in an 8x9 baking dish.

Recipe: Rachel's Creamy Artichoke Dip

1 eight ounce package cream cheese – softened

1 cup mayonnaise

1 cup grated parmesan cheese

2 cloves garlic - finely chopped (if you like garlic allot, I would double the amount)

1 4oz can roasted green chilis

1 15-16 ounce can artichoke hearts chopped (soaked in brine not marinated)

¼ tsp fresh ground pepper

For serving:

1 loaf of Italian or French bread sliced into ½ inch pieces

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 400.

In large bowl combine cream cheese and mayo until they are well combined. Then mix in the rest of the ingredients until well blended. Spread into an 8x8 baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Serve with sliced French bread.

2 comments:

AnchorsAway said...

This is my FAVORITE

Rachel Blair said...

Thanks Becca! I am thinking next time I might try to mix it up and try some spinach in it too. I will let you know if I do and how it turns out.