Tuesday, October 12, 2010

100 and Counting.....

It is amazing and unbelievable that I have already had one hundred posts. I started this blog a few years back for a school assignment, and one of the pieces of advice our instructor gave us was to write about something that you are passionate about.

Besides writing, cooking is truly my other passion and I was extremely excited to get this blog going. Unfortunately, that excitement was short lived as the weight of my school work and working full-time started to take its toll on me; I rarely had a spare moment.

After I graduated from college it took me a little while to figure things out. In fact, I still don't know if I really have, but one thing I knew was I wanted to pick up where I left off. Sometimes it is hard to get myself to write something weekly, but most of the time I am excited and overwhelmed with ideas.

I realized the other day that I hit my one hundred mark sooner than I planned. I was hoping to have a big blow out and contemplated it for a few before making this post, but then I realized this is just how I want it to be. I don't want to be counting down how many I have to go until my next hundred and the next hundred after that. I want it to continue on as if it has always been here because I can guarantee I will be writing for many, many years to come. Now that doesn't mean I won't do something spectacular down the road (maybe for my 200th post), but for now, I am just going to enjoy writing and sharing my recipes and see where it takes me.

I thank all of my trusty readers old and new alike who have taken the time out each week to check out my latest posts. I will continue to diligently post 1-2 recipes a week, but don't be surprised if sometimes I add more :)

Take care, thanks so much and happy eating!
Rachel ;)

No comments: