Saturday, January 1, 2011

And A Happy New Year!

Today is a rare day indeed 1/1/11; we will get three golden days this year with January 1st and the 11th, and the most magical of them all in November with 11/11/1. Though I don’t truly know what that means unless it’s your Birthday, then it’s your special day/year. It was just always something I was taught was extra special. Well, whether you believe in that or not, it is a new year which means another year of new opportunities and special moments.

Unlike many people I know, I don’t necessarily believe in New Year’s resolutions. I think that if we truly want to make a change in our lives we can do it at any time. However, I do understand that the idea of a New Year beginning can represent turning over a new leaf, which in turn is the perfect time to start new practices. Well, whatever, your beliefs and traditions are. I hope this year is filled with wonderful adventures and memories and even through the tough times, may those hard times just make you stronger.

So with the New Year and the icky winter weather partially behind us, I am excited for what is in my future this year. Though I sure wish I knew exactly what that was sometimes, I just know that something great is coming. Will it be my own cooking show on the food network? Probably not. However, I know my list culinary adventures will continue to grow. I have found some great new cookbooks and can’t wait to experiment with some new things and share them all with you.

I have also been very slowly working on a young adult novel that I have started working on more consistently in the last month or so. As many of you know, I went to school for creative writing and for those of you who don’t, writing along with cooking are my two passions. I am just so happy to be able to share some of my passion with others. What are some of your passions and, or resolutions that you plan to work on in the new year? I would love to hear them!

I wish you all the most Happy New Year!!

Sincerely,

Your Foodie Friend Rachel Blair :)

No comments: