Monday, June 13, 2011

A New Chapter In Life

Hello My Foodie Friends!

I thought I would share a little bit of what has been on my plate in the last month or so.  Recently, I decided to close one chapter in my life and begin another by leaving my job as a retail store manager of 7 years (being a manager 6 of them), and embarking on a new career adventure outside of the retail world. Instead of managing a music and pop culture based merchandise and fashion store, I have started a new journey in office work. As many have already said in surprise, "wow that's a change". Yes, they are absolutely right and boy am I ready for it!!

No longer will I work weekends or crazy shifts doing floor moves until 3-4 in the morning. Instead I will endlessly be staring at a computer screen and doing accounts receivable for a retirement home company. What that means is I will have a set schedule mon-fri and weekends off. After almost 13 years of marriage, I think my husband and I are ready to have a few consecutive days off together. Hopefully, we will not kill each other ;)

The other reason I am sharing this with you is, as you may have noticed, my consistency has been a little off kilter lately with posting recipes and such. For this I do apologize and I thankyou all for your patience and understanding. Also because I consider all of you my friends I think it only right to share this amazing and exciting experience with you. I am so excited to work with new people, though I sorely miss my previous co-workers and I'm ready to put new areas of my skills and brain to use. Yay!!

Just know that the bumpy road is almost to an end (hopefully ;) as I adapt to my new work schedule and having to go to bed at a more reasonable hour. Ugh... not what i'm used to at all. Soon I will be back into normalcy (well as close as I can get ;) with more cleverfully zany postings and yummy recipes.

Thanks again for bearing with me and keep your eyes peeled for some great new recipes a little later this week.

Take care and happy eating my foodie family!

Sincerely,
   Rachel Blair :)

No comments: